Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Close

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,312Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2011  9:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I was counting other people's money the other day and I come across one of these notes, look at it, and then continue counting. A couple of minutes later I see what looks like the same serial so I stop and go back until I find the other one. Alas, they are not the same, but they sure were close.

Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Frazzle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also,Washington is looking more to the left in the bottom one
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You surprise me... I didn't think anyone would notice that.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
838 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bibd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a note-collector (thus forgive my ignorance) and so I'm really curious about Washington's eyes!? Are there different portraits?

Also, what a remarkable find on the 2 SNs!

Hey, this isn't a prank is it? :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me but I naturally think people are messing with me when they make comments like that. If you are serious, no this isn't a prank... just close serials
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, from what I can tell, both notes are printed from the same face plate (H3, if I am seeing it correctly)..... very coincidental..... still how strange about the eyes..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1255 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add timsumrall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100800 difference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Zee both notes have H3, but that is the sheet position number. I believe the plates were different, but I will have to verify that when I get home.

Quote:
100800 difference.

No, only 9 different
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm....Right you are Nick..... still, funny about the eyes 'eh?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's funny is how many people keep going back to that post to look at the eyes
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2011  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been waiting for someone to say that they do not see a difference between them... I guess that it just isn't going to happen though....
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha I was guilty of checking... I can kinda see it haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppertop5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the one on the bottom george kinda looks like he has a wandering sleepy eye . I think its the fold
in the center of the bill kinda wore down part of the center of the eye a bit

It just kinda points off to the distance as if he is looking up at the word "states"
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Johnny1328 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think its like an optical illusion. The bottom note is to left maybe a few millimeters more. So when you go from the top note to the bottom, the eyes seem to be different.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1166 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikandiggit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
L 11009111 N
L 11009111 L
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1166 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikandiggit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love things like this. Nice find btw!

I bought a pair of "matching" radars that made me do a double-take. They were actually in two separate auctions and I was lucky to win the both:

Edited by ikandiggit
01/08/2011 08:15 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05