Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

15 Canadian Coin Dealers Listed Below>choose Your Favourite!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 64 / Views: 12,922Next Topic
Page: of 5
Previously Banned Member
2 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add repunch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I heard that an interesting discussion was going on from another site and they weren't wrong. I am a lurker/kibitzer but will join in when I have something pertinent to add, so I joined today. Following the discussions here for the last 2 years or so has shown me that there have been a few unsubstantiated or unverifed "facts" passed on here that are accepted as truths. Some people that have tried to correct the inaccuracies have been removed rather than backchecking the facts to set things straight. Just like any other decision that one could make, you need to weigh all the inputs before making up your own mind. Much internet fodder, including most forum content, is questionable (at best) concerning accuracy. You can only do your best and hope that the chaff blows away.

The partial list of dealers is in the right direction, but the 15 entry limit cut out some very good folks who are great assets to the collecting community. The statements about C&P improprieties are true and they even admitted what they did. They are one of 2 vendors on the list with whom I will never do business. Keep up the good work, guys.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the question that keeps arising is WHERE did they admit this and is there anything interesting to read on the subject.

Personally I have no stake in the matter, it's enough to get a heads up from fellow collectors to be wary.
Administrator
Learn More...
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Admin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some people that have tried to correct the inaccuracies have been removed rather than backchecking the facts to set things straight.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. None of the Canadian collectors that have been removed were removed for trying to correct things. They were removed because they can't act like an adult while doing it. The percentage of Canadian collectors that come here and can't act right is 10 times higher than the rest of this forum and any of the mods here will back that up 100%. I'm guessing that's because of the way they are allowed to act on the forums they come from.

Now I'll make another thing perfectly clear. It is not the forum Staff's job to fact check. It's yours. The forum Staff's job is to keep everything civil and not personal. Argue the idea and not the person... state your case with maturity and we will all get along. But that seems to be difficult for many.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been keeping track of the comments made by Members regards to this thread. What keeps coming up are questions why there are only 15 choices and why others were not added and why some were left out, etc. First let me add, I could have listed 100+ fabulous seller/dealers that I know, have dealt with, respect and admire, however, the maximum Poll category limit is "only" 15, yes FIFTEEN! believe me I would have posted what ever the maximum would have allowed me.
I have a reason why I have specifically chosen the 15 I did!

Glenn
Previously Banned Member
2 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add repunch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glenzy: That's why I put in my post that you were limited by the 15 limit. I meant that the "survey" limit was 15 from the site, not that YOU limited it to 15. My apologies if I wasn't clear.
Administrator
Learn More...
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Admin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing, for someone that badmouths this place on other sites, they sure want in here bad. Third time re-registering.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2011  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Direct quote as stated by someone who knows. Can be found on another site if you want to search.
"1997 was the year of the switched coins in ICCS holder. The person paid to have all the coins re-graded, and every single collector was re-funded in full. The dealer was fined and booted out of CAND, he was not booted from the CNA, however. It was me who spent countless hours tracking it all down. ICCS was urged at the time to do something about their holders, they have not. Plastic holders that are sealed are just too easy to switch coins. I have heard about hard holders from the US having coins switched in them, but have not seen one."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7988 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2011  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad we can discuss the "switcheroo" fairly openly here.On the other popular Canadian coin discussion site I see the webmaster has effectively published that site's obituary and the cause of death will be this issue.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glenzy1 and Matrix, I posted the quoted statement from someone who was there in 1997 and am patiently waiting for your inputs. Of course if you were CAND members the information is probably there for you to find.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Zonad, I read your statement, but what I'm looking for is either proof or someone who I know who is credible that has first hand experience on the matter. I don't believe you are a victim of the so called switcheroo practice, but may have heard it or read it from someone/somewhere.
I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears open and ask around. I've heard this story floating around for years more than once, but every time someone mentioned it to me, they heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, etc................
Valued Member
Canada
371 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kitkat1858 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Sean Isaacs of Alliance Coin and Banknote is an excellent dealer... conservative grader, friendly... just an all around great guy to buy from.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1331 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

do you need to know who said this and who he was speaking of?
I believe one mistake, individual was expelled from the
CNA.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2011  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW, Zonad, now that's a real I opener! I wished you would have posted that earlier. Thanks for the heads up.

Glenn
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7988 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2011  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me get this straight in my mind
A number of members here state the switcheroo is a fact
Zonad,author of the series"The Kowledgable Collector" in the RCNA Journal isn't believed until he posts a page shot from another forum.
I'm confused.
Does this mean because something is posted on the other forum it must be true,but if posted here it must be regarded with scepticism?
I don't mean to single you out glenzy,this attitude is in evidence everywhere on this forum.
Valued Member
Canada
212 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2011  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matrix1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zonad:

The only coin I own that is graded by ICCS in my 1921 50 cents pieces all the rest is PCGS. I understand your frustration with C&P but for me so far so good and I have a really good friendship with them. If ever they pull a thing like that on me then I will cut all ties. But I believe in forgiving someone for past behavior hey I have done some stuff in my past I am not proud of but people forgive that is the nature of mankind otherwise we are always at war. Sometimes we must turn the other cheek. They like any other business have done some things that where not right. Look at the whole world it is the same way. We are talking 1997 not 2010. When I was not happy with a coin Marc or Eric would jump in a blink of a eye and rectify the situation.

I consider these guys my long distance friends and have so for about 5 years. This will not change I am 110% certain they will never pull a move like that on me because when I buy a coin from them it is always a coin over 20 000$ so they have everything to gain and so much to lose by doing such a thing. Like everyone says buy the coin not the holder that applies for ever single purchase.
Edited by Matrix1980
05/21/2011 11:42 am
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 64 / Views: 12,922Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05