Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

e-mail address problem  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2006  7:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. Thingee here. I'm trying to get back on this forum. First I entered my new email address before I had set up my email settings, so I didn't get a response to my submition. So I corrected the problem and tried to submit it again and the response I received is that my address is already in use. Now that can't be because I originally submitted it. What do I do now? Also, how can I submit an email address without giving out my address to everyone? Do you understand?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17346 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2006  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
First I entered my new email address before I had set up my email settings, so I didn't get a response to my submission. So I corrected the problem and tried to submit it again and the response I received is that my address is already in use.

Send me an email through the forum and include the email address you want to use and I'll fix it.
quote:
Also, how can I submit an email address without giving out my address to everyone?

You never have given out your email address to everyone. No one can see it when they email you through the forum. The forum software sends the email with out revealing your email address. Now if you reply directly to an email sent to you through the forum, then that member will have your email address.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2006  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby. Email sent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2006  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone please email me. Not sure if it got worked out. I couldn't download photo. Thanks.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17346 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2006  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your email address is changed on the forum.

The problem now lies with AOL (the worst email on the planet I believe) because they have decided, not you, that you are better off without the forum's email.

quote:
----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to air-yd03.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<XXXXXXX@aol.com>
<<< 550 XXXXXXXX IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER

Email address x'd out by me.

You will need to contact them and tell them you're all grown up now and can decide for yourself what is spam and what isn't.

The sarcastic tone is directed at AOL, certainly not you. I can't tell you how many countless hours I have wasted because of AOL email.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2006  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bobby131313

Your email address is changed on the forum.

The problem now lies with AOL (the worst email on the planet I believe) because they have decided, not you, that you are better off without the forum's email.

quote:
----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to air-yd03.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<XXXXXXX@aol.com>
<<< 550 XXXXXXXX IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER

Email address x'd out by me.

You will need to contact them and tell them you're all grown up now and can decide for yourself what is spam and what isn't.

The sarcastic tone is directed at AOL, certainly not you. I can't tell you how many countless hours I have wasted because of AOL email.

Huh! I wasn't aware of that Thanks for the info Bobby. I will certainly work on this. Thank you.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2006  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They said there is nothing they can do. AAHHHHH! I am ready to throw my computer out the window again!! I HATE THIS STUFF!!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17346 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2006  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
They said there is nothing they can do.

This is why I hate AOL.

Every email I send you bounces with the above message. Yet they don't tell you that it was even sent to you.
Learn More...
United States
10387 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2006  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have also had emails I tried to send you bounce back
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Most Valued Member
Learn More...
11111125 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2006  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rui to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want a gmail address I can send you an invitation. That should fix it, since you can read gmail through a web interface or Outlook or another POP client.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2006  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rui

If you want a gmail address I can send you an invitation. That should fix it, since you can read gmail through a web interface or Outlook or another POP client.

By all means, please do so. I'm also looking into such options. I'm also getting out of AOL.
Most Valued Member
Learn More...
11111125 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2006  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rui to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I sent you an gmail invitation. Let's hope AOL does not block it.
Most Valued Member
Learn More...
11111125 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2006  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rui to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm... my invitation was returned. The message says that you don't accept email from me. I guess you need to do something to get emails from me...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2006  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rui

Hmmm... my invitation was returned. The message says that you don't accept email from me. I guess you need to do something to get emails from me...

Thanks for trying. The problem I'm havinis aol won't allow mw to receive email from the site. As Bobby said, Aol has taken charge of whom I can and cannot get email from. I may have every taken care of but not until about 2 weeks!! AAHHHH!! So frustrating. Thankk again for trying though. That was kind of you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2177 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2006  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thingee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rggoodie

I have also had emails I tried to send you bounce back

If it's quarters you are wanting leave a message on this post or the one I have in the main menu. I will be happy to hold any for you until I'm able to send email. Also, let me know how many you'd like.
Most Valued Member
Learn More...
11111125 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2006  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rui to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't send you email from the site. I did it from my gmail account, which they also must be blocking, or filtering...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05