Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1943 Steel Wheat Cent (P) - Found Sewn Into A WWII Army Air Corps Class A Coat

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,862Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2025  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marve calls it.
New Member
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2025  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AshSierran to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I might just send the 1st one in for grading with my membership. I know it's expensive, but with all the info you guys have given me, I'm just really curious now. I don't think I was scammed, but it wouldn't be the first time. Hah! Thanks, all! I'll post the results from PCGS when I get them.
Edited by AshSierran
01/02/2025 8:33 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2025  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can understand your curiosity. I think all of us here would like some sort of confirmation.
Pillar of the Community
Brandmeister's Avatar
United States
6903 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2025  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Brandmeister's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Brandmeister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's interesting. I don't really collect cents, so I had no idea that the '43 cent edges are just raw steel. I had assumed the zinc plating was like modern copper plated cents, applied after the blanks were punched and upset.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107571 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,862Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Forums