Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Why Do I Keep Getting This Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 12 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9815 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  10:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have been getting this a lot lately, if I close out every thing it may go away but always comes back , any help please.


Why-Do-I-Keep-Getting-This-Error
Bedrock of the Community
JimmyD's Avatar
Canada
21893 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get the same thing occasionally but I just close the site
and click back on and it seems OK.
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9815 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that's ok but you loss every thing you typed in.
Pillar of the Community
MintedNotPrinted's Avatar
United States
1728 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MintedNotPrinted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes I just click refresh after a few seconds and the post goes through fine afterwards
Pillar of the Community
mikev50's Avatar
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you are not alone--i get it also--just now got it again when I clicked on "show entire smile list"--it went away
Forum Dad
Learn More...
bobby131313's Avatar
United States
24230 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been fighting off bot attacks for a couple of days now. I've been working on it.
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9815 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know Bobby , it's just not me.
Pillar of the Community
mikev50's Avatar
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
starting up again with error 520--
Edited by mikev50
Yesterday 2:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Brandmeister's Avatar
United States
6898 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Brandmeister's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Brandmeister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On any Internet forum where you type into a box, I have always found it wise to Select All, Copy prior to hitting Post. That way if the server chokes for any reason, you can just paste your post into a text app for another attempt.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
hokiefan_82's Avatar
United States
3805 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been happening a lot to me, thanks Bobby for addressing the issues. I normally just wait awhile and try again, and haven't lost anything in whatever post I'm making.

Quote:
I have always found it wise to Select All, Copy prior to hitting Post.

I agree, Brandmeister. If I'm making a longer post, which I often do, I usually compose it in MS Word so if anything happens I can just copy/paste again.
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
CoinForMe's Avatar
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinForMe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's happened to me too when I click Submit.
I return to the last tab I started, and all my typing is still there, so I have to hit Submit again.
Pillar of the Community
mikev50's Avatar
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted Today  7H 16M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Bobby for helping out
Edited by mikev50
Today 7H 16M ago
Forum Dad
Learn More...
bobby131313's Avatar
United States
24230 Posts
 Posted Today  16M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the occasional 520 glitch, although it hasn't happened to me yet, is because I have CloudFlare set to attack mode to stop the "Service Unavailable" errors that happen when the application pool gets overwhelmed.

Attack mode tightens up the security a good bit. I'm wary about turning it off unless I'm actually at my desk to monitor these buttheads.
  Replies: 12 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums