Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Coin Holder Screws — Where To Buy?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 18 / Views: 547Next Topic
Page: of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195742 Posts
Pillar of the Community
publius's Avatar
United States
848 Posts
 Posted Today  14M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add publius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First impressions of the "Chicago screws" :

The first thing to observe is that these are not a drop-in replacement for the screws used in Capital holders. The diameter of the posts is a hairsbreadth too large, and I suspect that, if you were patient, you could pretty easily ream out the holes in Capital holders to accept these. But since I am making my own holders, I will just size the holes accordingly.

I ordered the "3/16" small head" style with slotted heads, and the heads of both the posts and the screws are slotted, whereas the Capital fasteners only have slots in the screw heads. The heads are somewhat larger than on the Capital fasteners, looking something like an aspirin tablet. The screws and posts are both a little shorter than those of the Capital fasteners, so they may not fully engage through the thickness of the plastic, but I do not expect that to be a problem. One major difference is that the posts are self-tapping rather than being fully-threaded, and I shall have to see how that works in practice.

Here you can see and compare a specimen of the Capital fasteners (old and yellowed, from an old holder) and those I bought, in both white and clear.

Coin-Holder-Screws-—-Where-To-Buy?
Coin-Holder-Screws-—-Where-To-Buy?

I had the mods move this topic to a more appropriate area, and I apologize if that causes any confusion.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195742 Posts
  Replies: 18 / Views: 547Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Forums