Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,796,563Next Topic
Page: of 3349
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Asking about the effigy portrait number would reduce the options by 50%.

Edit - Steve is thinking 1 step ahead.
Edited by David Graham
07/12/2022 12:18 am
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9814 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm leaning towards a 1954, because of the mention of varieties.
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9814 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just gonna go for it.

My guess is 1954 Canada 1 cent, KM#49 without shoulder fold.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If triggersmob dosnt already have it.... Does this coin have a die clash?
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3006 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wake up and look at what transpired

18.) Does this coin have the Arnold Machin image of the queen? No (I had to look it up )

Hey Steve, hold your horses on guessing already!
Hint, the 1954 is not the date of the correct coin...

19.) Does this coin have a die clash? No, (not the hanging numbers varieties...)

Loonie will get a good laugh out of this one...

Numista just mentions the date, but not the variety, for the variety, coinsandcanada has it...
Edited by mrwhatisit
07/12/2022 08:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this cent from 1962?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll just throw an early guess and say 1962 guitar variety.
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3006 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
20.) Is this cent from 1962? Yes

Your close enough to win the round, Wrekkdd, it is actually a harp variety... Found this from a dealer who didn't do much with foreign coins, so I got this high grade specimen for very cheap.

20-Questions!-Forum-Game 20-Questions!-Forum-Game
Edited by mrwhatisit
07/12/2022 09:30 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out of the options and your hints the harp and guitar were the only option of what I would consider collectable lol.

Wait so if I won am I supposed to host the next round? I feel like it would be more work for me then you if I go non north Americain coins... It's almost bed time for me so if I starts round it's 24 hours till it's over?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I get to host the next game I have a coin....so bring in the questions.

Hosting seems like a big burden of fun lol, I'll probably have to research most questions.
Edited by Wrekkdd
07/12/2022 10:12 am
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can go North American.

loonie goes Canadian most of the time.
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this coin round, minted without a hole and not made of gold?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well you got me off early before I go to sleep,(could be another 2 hours till sleep. Is


Is this coin round, minted without a hole and not made of gold? Correct.

Turning several questions into one
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have to answer yes or no.

And isn't it like 10:30AM in Canada ...

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry

1) Is this coin round, minted without a hole and not made of gold? Yes.

It's 10:42 A.m where I am but there are plenty of dime differences in canada, Ontario to BC I think is a 4 hour difference.

I work night shifts so iv been up since 8P.M last night.(that's only about 12 hours ish) but being up on nights for months and months takes a weird toll...
Edited by Wrekkdd
07/12/2022 10:47 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,796,563Next Topic
Page: of 3349

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Forums