Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,796,619Next Topic
Page: of 3349
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant that he didn't add a question mark so I can't answer it.

That said as a free answer as far as I can tell this coin was not minted by the US mint.

I thought you guys would have nailed at least down place it was issued by now guess a curveball for my first time here lol.

Edited by Wrekkdd
07/13/2022 09:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see you added the question mark before I posted my comment so I'm gonna have to call it 14 now

14) Was this coin minted in the U.S.? no

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, we're down to
Ireland
New Zealand
U.K.
correct
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess 1940 New Zealand half crown (centennial issue) KM#14
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, we're down to
Ireland
New Zealand
U.K.
correct


Ill take your word for it
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last time I looked at a map Ireland and UK were north of Australia
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess 1940 New Zealand half crown (centennial issue) KM#14


Jumping the gun with 6 questions still left. Not the 1940 New Zealand half crown(Centennial issue) KM#14

Also these numbers you guys use for identifying specific coins I honestly don't know where they are from lol(KM#14) I only have my Canadian Charlton. Are they catalogue numbers for numista(I know I'm spelling it wrong lol)


Quote:
Last time I looked at a map Ireland and UK were north of Australia


I didn't think the question was specifying all places north of Australia but did think about this as well.

So you guys have the place it's from now you guys can do this easy.
Edited by Wrekkdd
07/13/2022 10:20 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last time I looked at a map Ireland and UK were north of Australia

Good point
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry the place it was issued***
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
KM = Krause and Mishler (Standard Catalog of World Coins)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
KM = Krause and Mishler (Standard Catalog of World Coins)


I may have to get one in the future, they are a little out of my price range but I imagine very useful. Do they have a fee online catalog?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was this coin minted in the 1940s?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
15) Was this coin minted in the 1940s? no
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is a New Zealand 1934 ½ Crown - George V
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4406.html
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My guess is a New Zealand 1934 ½ Crown - George V


not a 1934 half crown sorry. Is it Keith that guesses off when he knows?

  Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,796,619Next Topic
Page: of 3349

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Forums