| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,292 |
|
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
1 Is this a circulation coin? Yes 2 Was this coin issued before 1895? No 3 Was this coin issued in North America? Yes 4 Is this coin larger than 17mm? Yes 5 Was this coin issued in Europe? No 6 Was this coin issued before the end of the Vietnam War? Yes 7 Does this coin contain any precious metal? No 8 Was this coin issued before 1950? Yes 9 Is the country of issue competing at the 2022 Commonwealth Games? Yes 10 Is this coin smaller than 24mm? Yes 11 Was this coin issued in one of these countries, Belize, Canada, Jamaica? Yes 12 Was this coin issued in Canada? Yes 13 Is the denomination of this coin 1 Cent? No 14 Does this coin have George V on the obverse? No 15 Does this coin have a mintage of more than 9 million? Yes
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I guess Canada 1940 5 cent KM#33
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9815 Posts |
My guess is 1943 tombac 5 cents from Canada KM#40.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
shesh, jumping the gun a bit. Still have 5 questions.
Canada 1940 5 cent KM#33 - Nope 1943 tombac 5 cents from Canada - Nope
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9815 Posts |
We like to do that when there is very limited options. Makes it fair for everyone.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: shesh, jumping the gun a bit (Hopefully) we have as many guessers as possible coins. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
Quick question...
Is your coin odd dated?
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
1 Is this a circulation coin? Yes 2 Was this coin issued before 1895? No 3 Was this coin issued in North America? Yes 4 Is this coin larger than 17mm? Yes 5 Was this coin issued in Europe? No 6 Was this coin issued before the end of the Vietnam War? Yes 7 Does this coin contain any precious metal? No 8 Was this coin issued before 1950? Yes 9 Is the country of issue competing at the 2022 Commonwealth Games? Yes 10 Is this coin smaller than 24mm? Yes 11 Was this coin issued in one of these countries, Belize, Canada, Jamaica? Yes 12 Was this coin issued in Canada? Yes 13 Is the denomination of this coin 1 Cent? No 14 Does this coin have George V on the obverse? No 15 Does this coin have a mintage of more than 9 million? Yes 16 Is your coin odd dated? No
I am offended you think I pull the same trick so soon after it was used.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
Then I guess this one!   I have always wanted to do this from a coin in my own collection to guess another persons coin on 20 questions thread here 
Edited by mrwhatisit 07/30/2022 10:06 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
Question 16s answer just happened to knock out 3 of the 4 remaining possibilities based on your answer. The only other dates to guess before Q16 were 1944, 1945, 1947, and 1949. Hence my question  , and your answer led me to the only other option available... I don't think you are pulling any tricks here  Or a more formal guess: I guess a Canadian 1944 V nickel.
Edited by mrwhatisit 07/30/2022 11:08 pm
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
That is not the correct coin since that is your coin :P but seriously though, that is correct   and yes I am still bad at taking photos
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
I also missread that question and thought it said no date. Yes I can not read
Edited by DrPeper23 07/30/2022 11:10 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9815 Posts |
Well done Mrwhatisit. I was tossing up between the tombac or steel victory nickel and went the wrong way.
Bring on the next round.
Edited by triggersmob 07/30/2022 11:17 pm
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
Hmmm pictures look a lot better on my phone
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
I have liked those Canadian nickels and I have nearly the entire set from 1922 to 1970...  I have my next coin 
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,292 |