| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,521 |
|
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Is this thing a blank planchet?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
Quote: Sorry mate. How can 2 coins have the same #? So are you saying this coin is made of silver (Ag) & coloured. I can only find a KM#1063a number for this coin on Numista and it shows both coin types. I would expect them to be KM#1036a.1 and KM#1063a.2 if there was any difference.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Quote: Wasn't it loonie who said many rounds ago that if the GM doesn't know the answer to a question they can't count it as one of the 20! I will look into that. Is this thing listed on numista?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
I was absent nearly all day yesterday visiting a coin dealer having fun...  but saw a little bit of excitement later in the day... So I was closest to getting the coin right though; all came down to variety of the 2 in the date, and if it was silver or not 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: Is this thing a blank planchet? No. Good thinking. I have wondered before if one of these would win. Quote: Is this thing listed on numista? No. But I can't tell you why yet. Quote: I will look into that. No need. If you want Q's back, I'm ok with that. Lookit' you already know what Q's to ask, just ask them and you'll get it. They get asked every "round". Quote: So are you saying this coin is made of silver (Ag) & coloured. No. Just that my coin was not guessed correctly. As far as I know, there is no silver version of this coin, but there is a NCLT version of the set of 3 coloured coins. The red is painted onto a flat field instead of being stamped on a rough backdrop. Wanna see 'em...huh....do ya.....I can dig them out.  So really, there is 4 versions of this particular reverse.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
Edited by loonielewy 08/13/2022 10:54 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
Quote: The red is painted onto a flat field instead of being stamped on a rough backdrop. Numista shows the same thing on the Cincy Klassen coin.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
I guess we need to ask this of Loonie. Is this thing a coin?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Lets not lose focus. Was this thing around before Y2K?
Edited by Keith67 08/13/2022 07:59 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: Is this thing a coin? No. Quote: Was this thing around before Y2K? Maybe, but I doubt it. (Hint - not dated.) Quote: Lets not lose focus. Please don't lose it, just like my mind, you may never find it again. 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
Would this thing be classified as exonumia?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
I think all we can do now, is burn questions.
Is this thing made of some kind of metal and round?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Quote: Please don't lose it, just like my mind, you may never find it again. I'm still looking for that. No luck yet 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: Would this thing be classified as exonumia? Stackers would love it. Quote: Is this thing made of some kind of metal and round? Yes. Now figure out it's size. Quote: I think all we can do now, is burn questions. I stopped counting.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: I'm still looking for that. No luck yet What?......Wait a minute......I lost something...... 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Is this thing larger than 40mm
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,521 |