| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,089 |
|
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
17. Quote: Does this coin have a Queen on it? yes
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Victoria or Isabel ll 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
My guess is a 1842 Gibraltar 2 Quarts KM#3
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
Quote: My guess is a 1842 Gibraltar 2 Quarts KM#3 That was what I was thinking too.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Quote: That was what I was thinking too. With any luck, I'm wrong 
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: My guess is a 1842 Gibraltar 2 Quarts KM#3 No that's not it but I really want to get me one of them.  Quote: That was what I was thinking too. Do you really think Keith thought that was my coin? 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote:Do you really think Keith thought that was my coin?  Busted! 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Quote: Do you really think Keith thought that was my coin? I thought it was a very good possibility.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I suppose loonie thinks I have the proof version. 
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Are you guys gonna finish me off or is this round going to come to a standstill because nobody wants to be GM on a Monday. 
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: Does this coin have a queen on it?
yes To eliminate any confusion/controversy (or maybe to create some) I'll just point out that Keith didn't ask if there was an effigy or image or picture or likeness of a queen, just if there was a queen on the coin.
Edited by OzLeigh 09/18/2022 07:37 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
I'll be GM, I have an idea.
So I figure it's Spanish. Italy has 1 coin.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
I think Italy is out. But looks like a small piece of France is in play Quote:The Iberian Peninsula (/a#618;#712;b#618;#601;ri#601;n/),  also known as Iberia,[b] is a peninsula in southwestern Europe, defining the westernmost edge of Eurasia. It is principally divided between Spain and Portugal, comprising most of their territory, as well as a small area of Southern France, Andorra, and Gibraltar. With an area of approximately 583,254 square kilometres (225,196 sq mi),[1] and a population of roughly 53 million,[2] it is the second largest European peninsula by area, after the Scandinavian Peninsula. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
I agree, Italy is out by location. I think France is out as there isn't a female, yet a Queen, on any coins.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
I don't see any coins issued in France that have any thing to do with a queen.
Was this coin issued in Spain?
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,089 |