Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,234Next Topic
Page: of 3349
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So minted in Switzerland, issued in Greece... Perhaps... Swiss coins as far as I know don't have any holes in their coins...
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm sure it's a 20 lepta from Greece. Some are minted in Switzerland.
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think there is only 3 options, so let's start guessing anyway.

My guess is 1954 Greece 20 lepta minted in Switzerland KM#79.
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, I was thinking one of these 20 lepta's from Greece myself.

Then I guess a 1959 Greece 20 lepta (Swiss minted) KM# 79

I have both of these dates, but can't photobomb this with a coin in my collection unless I have a 100% chance of knowing what the coin is...
Edited by mrwhatisit
09/20/2022 08:01 am
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 1954 and 1964, but not the 1959.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
loonielewy's Avatar
Canada
1801 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then I guess a 1959 Greece 20 lepta (Swiss minted) KM# 79


You got it mrwhatisit. Pics later.

trig, seeing as you need this one, I'll send it your way.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
trig, seeing as you need this one, I'll send it your way.

Thanks Loonie, much appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
loonielewy's Avatar
Canada
1801 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome mate. To bad you didn't guess it too. Your collection will appreciate it more than mine.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
Edited by loonielewy
09/20/2022 09:20 am
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To bad you didn't guess it too

Did my usual and picked the highest mintage. :(
Can't win them all.

I wonder what else you have in that 10lb tin.
Edited by triggersmob
09/20/2022 09:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
loonielewy's Avatar
Canada
1801 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder what else you have in that 10lb tin.


No idea, that should make it fun from now on. Can't just pin me for Canadian coins any more. .

Say, I have an idea. Every coin picked from this lot will go to the winning guesser. I'm cool with that. Just have to get GM status to do it.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohh boy, I figured the denomination was right, so I went with one or the other common date

Hmm, now which coin of mine to choose

I think I have one, ask away!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good round loonie (and I will get to the post office one day, might even be before Christmas )

Ok, mrwhatisit
Was this coin that you think you have, minted before 1875?
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Keith, I have an answer

1.) Was this coin minted/issued before 1875? No
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As listed on Numista , Is this a standard circulation coin?
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3007 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2.) As listed on Numista, is this a standard circulation coin? Yes
  Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,234Next Topic
Page: of 3349

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.21 seconds to rattle this change. Forums