Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,380Next Topic
Page: of 3349
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess 1982 Fiji 50 cent KM #36
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess 1982 Fiji 50 cent KM #36

Sorry, Oz that is not my coin.
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Talking of Princetane, I think I read somewhere that he gave you some 1983 and 1984 coins so maybe I was a little hasty with my guess.

Which begs the question can mint set only coins really be "circulation" coins..
Edited by OzLeigh
09/30/2022 08:05 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6872 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is a 1983 Fiji 50 cent KM #36
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Talking of Princetane, I think I read somewhere that he gave you some 1983 and 1984 coins so maybe I was a little hasty with my guess.

Which begs the question can mint set only coins really be "circulation" coins..


You got that the wrong way around. I gave Princetane 1983 and 1984 Fiji sets.

There is some doubt as to whether the mintage figures are correct for the coins. I had no problem buying 2 sets and fairly cheap to.

I went with Standard circulation coin, as that is what it is listed on Numista, and I didn't want to throw you completely off track. You might never have found it.

The info on the 1984 is incorrect to, it's not a proof set.
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My guess is a 1983 Fiji 50 cent KM #36


Congrats Keith, that is my coin.
I went for the lowest mintage.

Here is the coin
20-Questions!-Forum-Game

and this is the 1984, as you can see, not a proof coin.
20-Questions!-Forum-Game
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6872 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which begs the question can mint set only coins really be "circulation" coins..

Don't start

I'll find something later
Valued Member
OzLeigh's Avatar
Australia
215 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OzLeigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You got that the wrong way around. I gave Princetane 1983 and 1984 Fiji sets


Wow, lucky Princetane


Quote:
I went with Standard circulation coin, as that is what is listed on Numista


I understand. I have often thought about using a mint set only coin but opted against it for the controversy it would cause.

loonie seems to be out of action for a while, so we might not hear anything about it.
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
loonie seems to be out of action for a while, so we might not hear anything about it.


Quick, move on. Nothing to see here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
loonielewy's Avatar
Canada
1801 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't start


Thank you. . I've walked that mine field before.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6872 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm ready
Pillar of the Community
triggersmob's Avatar
Australia
9819 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is your coin a standard circulation coin?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
NumisEd's Avatar
United States
5301 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was this coin around in 1973?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6872 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Is your coin a standard circulation coin? Yes
2. Was this coin around in 1973? Yes
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
loonielewy's Avatar
Canada
1801 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  03:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm ready


I'm back. .

Does this coin feature an effigy of a monarch?
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
  Previous TopicReplies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,380Next Topic
Page: of 3349

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.18 seconds to rattle this change. Forums