| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,486 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
18.) Is the denomination of this coin less than a twentieth (0.05) of the unit of currency? No Almost there!  Maybe...
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I believe that leaves:
Guatemala 5 centavos - 1943 (minted in Philadelphia) Morocco 1/2 dirham - 1882,1893,1894,1895,1896,1898 (minted in Paris)
plus 1 more coin:
I guess 1896 Puerto Rico 5 centavos (minted in Madrid)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
Oh boy, I believe you got it Oz; how did you ever know?  Wonder where all the guys were?  One website put the diameter at 16.5mm, numista has is at 16mm... Even the silver content varies! One website has it at 90%, numista at 83.5%. I measured mine at 16.5mm... This coin has been on my bucket list for some time and finally found one I could actually afford... Oh yeah, BCTEG stands for British Caribbean Territories Eastern Group... 
Edited by mrwhatisit 10/05/2022 11:42 am
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Very nice coin mrwhatisit  I've got something picked out, if anyone is interested. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
Good work Oz, sorry but the date ranges gave me a headache.
As listed on Numista, Was this coin issued in the 20th century?
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: Was this coin issued in the 20th century? Yes
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1273 Posts |
Does this coin measure between 10 and 25mm ?
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
2. Quote: Does this coin measure between 10 and 25mm? Yes
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
If one chooses to look for this coin in the 46th edition of the Krause catalog, could it be found after page 1250?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9819 Posts |
Well done OzLeigh and nice coin Mrwhatisit. I was watching, but every time I looked there was a question pending.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9819 Posts |
Is the diameter of this coin less than 18mm?
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
3. Quote: If one chooses to look for this coin in the 46th edition of the Krause catalog, could it be found after page 1250? No
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Sorry triggersmob, I lost my place in Krause  4. Quote: Is the diameter of this coin less than 18mm? Yes
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
Does this coin contain a precious metal?
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
5. Quote: Does this coin contain a precious metal? Yes
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,486 |