| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,666 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9821 Posts |
I'll guess Lebanon 1941 1 ghirsh KM#12.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
You are all  Triggersmob, that is a nope, not my coin  Who else is lucky? 
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I guess Syria 2 1/2 Piastres (1941) KM#78
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: Why is India out No Date (1938-1949) "Not issued before 1940" That's like asking if one of your rocks was issued in 1111 and you saying yes. 
Edited by OzLeigh 10/12/2022 03:43 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
It fits. My search didn't go so small with the face value, I bet it's measured in Rupee, not Anna.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
That coin didn't show up in the search but certainly fits. 
Edited by OzLeigh 10/12/2022 06:11 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Oz, try 0.005 in face value. I had 0.01.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
Well, I guess Oz just got lucky again   This was a coin that I wanted to try here see if it would stump you all, and it almost did.  This coin is pretty scarce and I found this in a coin dealers big bowl of mixed foreign coins for 20 cents each. It amazes me how simple and crude this coin looks. This coin also carries some numismatic value which is nice.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: I guess Oz just got lucky again Yes, lucky me. Ok I've got something...
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
Ok then  Was this coin issued before 1901?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
Going back to the last round Quote: Is the denomination of this coin greater than a twentieth of the unit of currency? (0.05) Quote: I have a China 5 Fen too.  Quote: That coin didn't show up in the search but certainly fits. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/in...2&mt=&g=&se=We all need to get on the same page. And share with others. (Or we never reel Chafe in) 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
Was this coin issued with the intention of circulating? (not to vague, I hope)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6514 Posts |
Quote: (Or we never reel Chafe in) I'm following the bait. Just trying to figure out better how you guys do it.
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,666 |