| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,748 |
|
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: Loonie is a ref Then loonie will understand that players are allowed to make mistakes but the ref isn't. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Let me tell you, hecklers can be fun. I've heard some pretty funny one liners from the crowd. And been schooled by some pretty sharp veterans when I was coming up through the ranks. If it gets out of hand, we shut it down hard, we can throw anyone off the field and have. It's their choice. Really though, it's been pretty good for a long time, like 20 plus years.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9824 Posts |
Quote: I'm at 23 coins I'm down to 30, but have kept gold plated coins as an option.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9824 Posts |
Is the denomination of this coin 1 dollar?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: players are allowed to make mistakes but the ref isn't. Oh you're wrong. We make mistakes all the time. Yesterday I blew an inadvertent whistle that stopped play while the ball was loose on the ground. Very bad call, but I saw the ball carrier get tackled, but he didn't have the ball, and thought I was the only official in position, so I made the call. Then my sideline official came over and told me, I felt awful, he had the call and I wrecked a potential turnover. 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9824 Posts |
Quote: I wrecked a potential turnover. I like to wreck a turnover. Usually an apple turnover. Yum.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: We make mistakes all the time Players making mistakes is just part of the game. Refs making mistakes ruins the game.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Summary after 15 questions: dated 2015  contains gold  not a circulation coin  diameter larger than 24mm and smaller than 38mm  weighs less than 16 grams  denomination is not greater than 1 unit of currency
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9824 Posts |
I think you missed my question.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
My call had no influence on the lopsided game. And just because you don't like tennis ref's,  no need to paint all ref's with the same brush.  I'm down to 14 coins. That colour comment is still nagging at me. 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I hope some of you have picked up on my analogy between refs and GMs. 
Edited by OzLeigh 10/16/2022 08:03 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
I'm at 14 also Answer trigs question Oz
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Yes Oz, I got it earlier. You can't make mistakes as GM. That's why that colour comment is still in play.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6872 Posts |
I didn't ask what colour the coin was
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,798,748 |