| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,800,157 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
So I think this is what we have left. Get your next coin ready Oz.
Austria Belgium Bulgaria France Greece Hungary Italy Liechtenstein Monaco Ottoman (trans-continental) Portugal Romania Serbia Spain Switzerland
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Summary after 20 questions listed on Numista as a standard circulation coin  listed on Numista as being composed of gold (wouldn't that be nice)  issued 1871-1899  issued in Europe  capital city of country of issue is not north of Antwerp  diameter not greater than 30mm but is not 19.3mm  weight not greater than 16 grams
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
Now I'm leaning towards Ottoman Empire. Seen some fake coins used as belly dancer tokens.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6878 Posts |
My guess is a 1293(1893) Ottoman 25 Kurus - Abdülhamid II Constantinople KM#729
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
My guess is a 1293(1895) Ottoman 100 Kurus - Abdülhamid II (Constantinople) KM#730
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
...---...---...---...---...--- etc.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
My guess is a 1293(1891) Ottoman 100 Kurus - Abdülhamid II (Constantinople) KM#730.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9836 Posts |
Good luck mrwhatisit and anyone else who might happen by.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote:Hint for mrwhatisit: this coin is notto from otto  That hint makes it so much easier... 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
Already then, I wonder if this "gold" coin Oz has could be a non-precious version... Most likely not this one, but here goes: I guess an 1894 Bulgaria 10 or 20 Leva...  One year type, nice and easy to guess 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6878 Posts |
Quote:I guess an 1894 Bulgaria 10 or 20 Leva...  I guess we will wait for you to pick one.  We're not playing the "if it's not this, it's this" game (again). I miss that dummy. But you can't speak bad about King Joe 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Quote: I miss that dummy. Me too.   Pick one! Not 2! How long have you been guessing? 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3007 Posts |
Ok, conditions arose for something different  I guess an 1894 Bulgaria 20 Leva 
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,800,157 |