Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Anyone Ever Dig Up A Gun?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 11,469Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Piffin's Avatar
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2011  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Piffin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thinking of the civil war era rifle found in the tree is that it belonged to a sniper and that he fell or was shot out of the tree, leaving it behind. Bayonet could have been carried up there by a mortar blast striking nearby
Pillar of the Community
amassey08873's Avatar
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice display. For me No guns yet, but I have dug a few bullets. They sure can be tricky to pin point, even with a Pro Pointer. I'm hoping I come across some sort of gun in my life time. Think it be an excellent find.
Valued Member
Ambro's Avatar
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ambro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Was metal detecting a Civil War campsite in Calhon, Ky and had brought a friend along who had never been metal detecting before( I have been detecting since 1975).
I help him tune his detector and set him loose,about 15 min. later he comes walking up with a big blob of rusty looking metal and says,"is this any good?".
He had just found a Civil War period, Remington .44 Cal revolver!
Quite a rare find--now framed on his wall.
I think he went detecting with me two more times and then quit.
I have never found a firearm(I have found many pieces of firearms however).
Valued Member
Igleos's Avatar
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2011  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igleos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
makes me wanna get a metal detector.....
New Member
MIA's Avatar
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2011  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MIA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this little .22 about 15 years ago. It isn't old, and it was only a couple inches deep, but it was interesting to come across.



Anyone-Ever-Dig-Up-A-Gun?
Pillar of the Community
The Silver Searcher's Avatar
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2012  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Silver Searcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Finds
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2012  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VGRX to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The gun pictures are great.
more more !
Pillar of the Community
NathanASE's Avatar
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2012  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! Some awesome finds!! I collect antique firearms also somim always hoping to find an old gun...

That said... I have found a pistol.... But while I was hunting (not with a metal detector... For deer) one of my pistols fell out of its holster in a brushy area and I couldn't find it for the life of me... So I ran to the store, bought a cheap(er) bounty hunter tracker 2 and within 5 mins found my gun... That's the only one I've found...
Becides that all I've found is old nails and junk metal... Until yesterday I found my first coin...
  Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 11,469Next Topic
Page: of 3

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums