Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

State quarters album. Recommendations requested.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
872 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2011  4:08 pm Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I went looking to purchase an album for US state quarters and found a multitude of them.
Problem is plenty of people selling them but pictures and descriptions are rather inadequate.
I would appreciate comments and suggestions. Or, links to sellers that have detailed information about the product.

Thanks,
Jeff

"If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to." Joe Moore
Learn More...
United States
6586 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2011  6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
collectons have some pictures and descriptions. Check this for some info

http://www.collectons.com/shop/lpc/...cting-Albums
Learn More...
United States
21596 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2011  10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recommend the Dansco albums.

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pro.../index4.html

I have been using Dansco albums for almost 27 years now.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want something less expensive, but it doesn't show the reverse or edge of the coin, Whitman has nice albums:
http://www.brooklyngallery.com/cgi-...key=0114-063

Book stores sometimes sell them too, so you can get an idea of how the coins are stored for viewing.
Learn More...
United States
21596 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It should be noted that those are folders, not albums.

They key difference being, as you stated, the inability to see the reverse side of the coin.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're right. Thanks for pointing that out.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
641 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  02:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't recall off hand where I got mine. Mine is the Dansco with a slot for the silver proof. I'm starting with the America the Beautiful quarters, but I also have a few of the State BU, proofs and silvers. I know the postage was expensive. That's why I haven't bought the State Quarter Dansco yet. Its on the to do list. I emailed the company first and got a precise description. Many US companies won't mail outside their little world. :-(
Pillar of the Community
Australia
641 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff, email me and I'll provide you the details. I'm not at work at the moment.

!! Jake's Marketplace is where I got it.
Edited by Yass
01/18/2012 02:09 am
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozerman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't justify the cost of an album (though I always go with Dansco) due to so many people collecting this set so I just used some H.E. Harris folders and some regular filps to complete two sets for under 9 dollars in supplies.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2042 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  01:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For my the base P&D sets (both State quarters and ATB quarters) that I'm pulling out of circulation, I've just bought the Whitman Classic albums that you can get at Hobby
Lobby. Wait for a sale on collecting supplies or print out a 40% off coupon from their web site and a $25 album becomes a very reasonable buy (and is a solid product). I like the blue binding and the text & font on the spine I actually prefer over the Danscos.

I'll do Danscos for my proofs and high grade UNC collection at some point. Haven't started those yet.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1485 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want an album and a book on the State Quarters that none of your collector friends have, try the Quarterama album. It's created by Garrett Burke, the designer of the California quarter, has full color pictures of each of the state and territory quarters along with some information about each design. The album part of the book is on the covers. Amazon and Wizard Coin Supply both sell it around $35+, approximately twice as much as Dansco date only state quarter album. If you want pictures and information along with your coins, this book/album combo cannot be beat. I received mine as a Christmas present, best gift ever. Wizard's website has more pictures of the item, so you get a better idea of what to expect. I hope they make a similar one for the park quarters.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12917 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too use the Whitman Classic Albums. They have the blank covers and blank pages for making any type of Album you want. And too, they sell press on letters/numbers so you can lable the coins as wanted. With posts available at most stationary stores, you could expand almost any brand Album to hold all the pages necessary to make an Album from 1932 to present. Or just one for State Quarters.
And yes there are a zillion (slight exageration) manufacturers making folders of all sorts for those Quarters. Sure gave a lot of people something to make and sell.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are three choices with the Dansco:
#7146 - One slot per state (56 coins including the DC/territories page)
#7143 - P&D circulation issues (112 coins)
#8143 & #8144 - Two album set, P&D circulation issues plus S-mint clad proof and silver proof (224 coins total)

They're available from any dealer, but danscoalbumstore.com has pictures of the individual pages. There are equivalents of the above for the current national parks quarters.
Edited by CaptainFwiffo
03/06/2012 01:36 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05