Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2001 Journey $10 (Tough Prefixes: Show Yours)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 6,617Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196460 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2646 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2023  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list
Yes, welcome to CCF @vb23vb & nice FDY catch! Hope to see more posts!
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2025  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list
I have read parts of this thread numerous times over the past few years. It contains a wealth of information for anyone interested in collecting the Journey series of banknotes. I recently had opportunity to pickup a few of the ones I am missing.
First off is this 2001 BEK replacement note (printed in 2003) with the Jenkins Dodge signature. I am still looking for the regular BEK note.

2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours

Next is the 2001 Knight Dodge FEE note (printed in 2001) which had a short run of 480,000.

2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours

Lastly, I also managed to acquire a 2001 Jenkins Dodge BEP note (printed in 2003). This one might turn out to be a bit of a sleeper in terms of scarcity, even though there were 10,000,000 printed. I guess time will tell.

2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours

Thanks walk2dwater for all the great information you have provided in this thread!


Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196460 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2646 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2025  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list

Quote:
Thanks walk2dwater for all the great information you have provided in this thread!


-I'm glad I could help! Great additions BTW . Looks like your Journey set is shaping up nicely.
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2026  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list
I was at the Calgary Coin Show this weekend and picked up a few banknotes.
The first two are sequential 2001 Jenkins Dodge notes (printed in 2003) with the BEP prefix.

2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours
2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours

I also managed to snag a 2001 Knight Thiessen note (printed in 2000) with the FDY prefix.

2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196460 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2026  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I was at the Calgary Coin Show this weekend and picked up a few banknotes.
Nice examples!
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2026  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter to your friends list
Only 15 away from the one you posted before. It appears you've found the HOLY BEP connection!
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2026  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list

Quote:
Only 15 away from the one you posted before.


Interesting. I didn't even notice that.
Edited by Canada67
03/03/2026 8:44 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196460 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2026  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:

Quote:
Only 15 away from the one you posted before.

Interesting. I didn't even notice that.
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2026  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list

Quote:
Although the BoC released numbers to indicate that 5.970,000 2004 HOH prefixes were printed, most were likely returned/destroyed since collectors reported very few on the SNDB (Serial Number Data Base) hosted by the CPMF (Canadian Paper Money Forum). The highest 2004 HOH reported was HOH0187763 (& I believe my note was from a large run of the higher range). It is unlikely that all 2005 HOH were released too since mostly ranges were discovered. We often saw the replacement version along with runs so that the 2005 HOH can be tough too. However, their scarcity was eclipsed by the 2004 HOH super short run (not as advertised, much like the 2003 BER $10).


I spotted a 2004 HOH prefix about a week ago and decided to snap it up. It arrived in the mail today and I am pleased with my purchase.

2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours
2001-Journey-$10-Tough-Prefixes:-Show-Yours
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2646 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2026  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list
Nicely done @Canada67!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196460 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2026  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter to your friends list
Only 87 away from the one walk2dwater posted before. It appears you've found the knack of getting close serial numbers.
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2026  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list

Quote:
Nicely done @Canada67!



Quote:
Fantastic!


Thank you!


Quote:
Only 87 away from the one walk2dwater posted before. It appears you've found the knack of getting close serial numbers.


I noticed that the serial numbers were fairly close to each other. My note came from New Brunswick.
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 6,617Next Topic Page 3 of 3
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Forums