Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Gold Trump Commemorative

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 19 / Views: 893Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Check Vector Ze's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Vector Ze to your friends list
Aw, shucks! Y'all probably would probably pass on a Benedict Arnold gold commemorative, too.
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilotaggie to your friends list
Are they really getting around the no living people rule?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list

Quote:
Are they really getting around the no living people rule?

It's really looking like it.
Potentially there may be a way to put the brakes on it.
I'm not for this at all.
It's somehow more palatable to me if it's going to be gold. Some big monstrosity is even better, even less people will set it much less own it.
My main concern would be against any circulating coinage. I don't care if there is some huge vanity heroes medal with his mug on it.
Also hoping his signature doesn't end up on paper currency.
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freespeech57 to your friends list
So far No release date listed nor coming soon listing on the US Mint's product schedule site; hopefully it stays that way.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196424 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Are they really getting around the no living people rule?
That is not really the issue.

https://goccf.com/t/385871
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196424 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
So far No release date listed nor coming soon listing on the US Mint's product schedule site; hopefully it stays that way.
Saner heads dragging their feet maybe?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
24233 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list
Strike 1.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2026  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list
That's a no from me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1913 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2026  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list
I don't face this exact moral dilemma because I don't collect modern gold commemoratives. Even if I did collect them, it wouldn't be a problem because I generally like Trump. Perhaps I'll wait a few years and buy one when the price goes down to melt like most gold modern commemoratives. However, I do face this moral dilemma when it comes to Presidential dollars. It's not the presidents that were in office before my time that I bother me. Sure, I know some were good presidents and others weren't, but the fact that I wasn't around or perhaps old enough to "know" them when they were president somehow makes them seem less personal to me. Carter was the first president that I remember during his presidency. He and the ones since seem more personal. It's almost a feeling like having their coin means that I approve of them. That's ok for the ones that I liked or am indifferent about, but not for the ones that I think did a bad job. So, what to do? For me, I decided that keeping a complete collection is enough of a drive to override how I feel about the ones I don't like, though I do waiver at times. You'll just have to decide if that same drive is enough for you.

BTW, this is why I don't like dead presidents on coins or currency and much prefer depictions of liberty. I think that if a historical figure is going to be on a coin, it should probably be someone that most people hold in high regard, Sacagawea for example. Of course, that's getting harder to do given how much more internally divided we are as a country. I do think that the semiquincentennial coins are a good example of how coinage should be done.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196424 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2026  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
BTW, this is why I don't like dead presidents on coins or currency and much prefer depictions of liberty.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108000 Posts
New Member
United States
4 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrBean to your friends list
Mintage limit for the $250 Trump Gold Coin was set to 75,000.. what do you guys think about this amount?
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list
Let's put it this way, I don't think there's going to be a need to get an order in the first 5 minutes of release on Nov 5th. But I could be wrong. I was wrong twice on his ability to be elected. He has a substantial base of adoring followers. Maybe they'll buy them up.
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list
It's entirely possible that a lot of non-coin collectors buy a lot of them.
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted Today  26M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilotaggie to your friends list
75K coins at near $5000 a piece is a nice day at the mint. With a household limit of 1 I can't imagine this selling out. The best of mint series sold about 13k and 10k for the last two releases that were 1 ounce gold coins. A different set of buyers on this one I imagine, but 75k? I just don't see it.
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 19 / Views: 893Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums