Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Team USA Privy Mark ASEs!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 56 / Views: 2,504Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2026  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list
Finally a reply:
Dear ,

Thank you for your recent inquiry to the United States Mint.

We appreciate your interest and suggestions. While we have no plans to produce a Silver Eagle with the Team USA privy mark for the public. at this time, we will keep your views in mind as we continue to evaluate our annual product portfolio.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2026  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
I guess that's better than nothing, Gilly. Thanks for trying on behalf of the ASE collector community.
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2026  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list

Quote:

It would be interesting to do an examination of the last time the Mint used an actually attractive presentation of a coin. Has there been anything with let's say a wooden or lacquered box, in the last....10-15 years?


At least in my collection that would be the 2012 SF Mint Anniversary and 2013 W Mint Anniversary ASE sets.

Team-USA-Privy-Mark-ASEs!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195823 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Finally a reply:

Quote:
At least in my collection that would be the 2012 SF Mint Anniversary and 2013 W Mint Anniversary ASE sets.
Thank you both for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
A thread discussing this coin at the CU website has a post from someone who contacted a parent of one the Olympians; the parent shared a photo of the PM and a photo showing a partial MM, with enough of the MM to tell it's a "P". . .
(Not posting a link as I don't want to run afoul of any CCF rules. . .)

So there's at least one Olympian (or his pop) who understands the scarcity and $$ value of the keepsake. I'll bet we see at least one up for auction before the year is out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list

Quote:
Not posting a link as I don't want to run afoul of any CCF rules. . .

If you could download the images, then they could be posted here.
If you can't handle that, then if you can email the link to me, I could do that also.

The biggest disappointment is that there will be very very few ASE collectors able to add that to their collection. I know personally, I have a lot of ASEs, very complete.
But this thing, this will be the equivalent of having a 1995W in 70 grade. I have that coin, but just in raw form, so when I bought it, would have been consider about a $2000 coin, may be closer to $3000 now. But in 70 grade is a 5 figure coin, maybe $12000, maybe more. Plus I bet the available ones will go to auction. My guess is over $20k for one, and will provenance on who it was awarded to, could go for well over that with documentation.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Gilly, I know how to post a link . . .I don't know if posting links to Collector's Universe threads or posts is allowed on CCF, so I didn't. You can go there and see the thread and images for yourself. . .not going to waste my time downloading photos.

There's an Olympian in my neck of the woods who is building a house in the Truckee area. . .has a young family, getting established for life after competition. . .I would think he would be happy to have the $$ for his residence project.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195823 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I don't know if posting links to Collector's Universe threads or posts is allowed on CCF
They are not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1296 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Gilly's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Gilly to your friends list
Not really hard to do, I didn't even have to reduce the file size.
Team-USA-Privy-Mark-ASEs!

Team-USA-Privy-Mark-ASEs!
Edited by Gilly
08/21/2026 2:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Gilly wrote:

Quote:
Has there been anything with let's say a wooden or lacquered box, in the last....10-15 years?

I think the examples TheInfinityPoint posted were the last nice OGP's for ASE. On the medals side of the aisle,
The 2019 - P High Relief 2.5 oz American Liberty Silver Medal shipped in a nice presentation box:
Team-USA-Privy-Mark-ASEs!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195823 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Not really hard to do, I didn't even have to reduce the file size.
Very nice!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195823 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
The 2019 - P High Relief 2.5 oz American Liberty Silver Medal shipped in a nice presentation box:
Yup. And the 2017-P 225th Anniversary Proof Liberty Silver Medal as well. I have both.

$59.95 for the 2017, $99.95 for the 2019. Bargains by today's standards!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2026  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Seen elsewhere:
Team-USA-Privy-Mark-ASEs!
Accompanying the photo:

Quote:
Sharing some photos of the complete 2026-P TEAM USA Privy American Silver Eagle set from the August 6 White House reception honoring the 2026 U.S. Winter Olympians and Paralympians.

The set includes the TEAM USA / Milano-Cortina sleeve, U.S. Mint box, American Eagle presentation case, coin in the original capsule, and COA. The certificate identifies it as a Philadelphia proof with a P mint mark and TEAM USA privy.

From what I understand, no more than 400 were made, although I have not seen an official Mint confirmation of the exact final number. My understanding is also that this was a one-time presentation issue and that no additional examples are expected to be released.

Very cool piece of the event and one I plan to keep.

If "no more than 400 were made," I think the odds of seeing one or several of these available for sale in the secondary market are better than we thought weeks ago.
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Edited by cptbilly
08/25/2026 09:40 am
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
195823 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2122 Posts
 Posted Today  29M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Great Collections is auctioning one of the 403 2026-P TEAM USA privy ASE's with a close of Sunday, October 18. It has a PF70 DCAM grade from PCGS. Current bid is $20,000

https://www.greatcollections.com/Co...nt-Packaging
Replies: 56 / Views: 2,504Next Topic
Page: of 4
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Forums