| Author |
Replies: 16 / Views: 412 |
Page 2 of 2
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37152 Posts |
VF-30. Nice original looking coin.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18923 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4507 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
979 Posts |
Im leaning VF35. Looking forward to seeing this one in hand. Thanks for the feedback, EV, IGE, PZ, and Slider& 
|
|
New Member
United States
31 Posts |
This is an 80/79! VAM-4. Its really hard to see the actual overdate from the pictures (not your fault, I pulled up the ebay listing to get a better look and it was very unfocused), but the mintmark position sets it apart from the other reverse of 78 variety (VAM-7/7B). For the grade I'll say VF-30.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
979 Posts |
Thank you for the confirmation, Henry, and your thoughts on grade!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2443 Posts |
. . . VF-35 and Cleaned Details. Looks a lot better than the last 1880 CC you were thinking of buying, and it came with the 1890 CC a week ago. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
979 Posts |
Yeah, my mistake for posting on here before buying. Won't be doing that again anytime soon.
As for this one and details, I think not but we will see what it looks like in hand.
Edited by adam126402 09/25/2026 11:11 pm
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37152 Posts |
I don't see any signs of cleaning. Nice original skin.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18923 Posts |
i think it grades straight as well
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2443 Posts |
Reason for me to think it's been cleaned: The OP (adam126402) last reversed the picture at an angle; you can clearly see the silver dullness, darkness on the cheek area, and dirt along the edges of the letters... As Adam says, we'll wait until it's in his hands.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18923 Posts |
coinfome, I can see your point regarding a cleaning. lets see what it looks like when OP gets it. we all know how photos, lighting and angles can alter what we are seeing.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2443 Posts |
We'll be here, 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
195712 Posts |
I agree with VF. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107061 Posts |
I'll go with vf45 as well.
|
|
Page 2 of 2
|
Replies: 16 / Views: 412 |
Page 2 of 2
|