| Author |
Replies: 2,789 / Views: 347,084 |
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79394 Posts |
Great find, Roller42!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
New Member
United States
8 Posts |
@Roller42 that particular S mint looks like a circulation strike S mint. It's a really nice find. I used to buy bags of S mint quarters from the mint, keep a few and then spend the rest. I'd wonder if it was one of mine but I don't think I ever bought bags of the Bombay Hook quarters
|
|
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts |
Came across a better W as I finished out my last box.  
"I like money. I can't believe you like money, too. We should hang out." Frito
Member CONECA, Early American Coppers, NETCC
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79394 Posts |
Nice find, Roller42!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107673 Posts |
wonderful W find! 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Quote: Came across a better W as I finished out my last box. Outstanding! 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts |
Finished off another 2 boxes today. The 2026 DOI quarters are definitely circulating now as these were both mixed boxes. Box #1 had 60 and Box #2 had 25. Compare that with a couple of boxes I had earlier with just 12 total and 2 more since that were blanks. More coming next week. The only 2 keepers were a couple of 2019 W's.  
"I like money. I can't believe you like money, too. We should hang out." Frito
Member CONECA, Early American Coppers, NETCC
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79394 Posts |
Nice finds, Roller42.  
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Quote: The only 2 keepers were a couple of 2019 W's. Nice pair! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7344 Posts |
Went through another 200 dollars worth (that makes $2,700) looking for that July 4th Quarter. No luck on finding it but found this. Here's a hint from a post of mine @ a month ago Quote: Of course not one of these Ws could have been a War in the Pacific (only design I'm missing)    Definitely an AU-58 coin but looks better than some of the 64s I've seen.  2019/2020 W collection now complete 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79394 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Fantastic! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2960 Posts |
In September, I searched through a total of 21,480 quarters. While there were no truly spectacular finds, I did very well, finding 12 keepers: five silvers (1938, 1942-D, 1943, 1952-S, 1964-D), five West Point Coins, a 2004-S Iowa Proof, and a 2013-S Maryland NIFC coin. You'll note that a couple of the silver quarters (1942-D, 1952-S) have a goldish appearance. The edges of the coins were purposely almost worn thin - the reeding on the edges is all but absent (they both weigh a little less than they should as a result) and it looks like someone tried to gold plate them - both came from separate groups of Fed Brinks rolls from one of my two main branches. The 1938 came from the same batch which included the 1942-D... very rare for me to get two silvers out of my standard 20 roll group!  
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,600,000 nickels searched in eight years! Have found FOUR complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77 Today 7M ago
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79394 Posts |
Nice finds, John77!  
Errers and Varietys.
|
| |
Replies: 2,789 / Views: 347,084 |