Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

They're Still Out There

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 2,261Next Topic  
New Member
coincollector1628's Avatar
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  11:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coincollector1628 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I was going through a box of clear plastic wrapped dimes today. I tend to like these because I can glance at each roll without needing to unwrap it. I had just opened the box and grabbed a few rolls just to make sure the box wasnt full of brand new 2012's. In the third or forth roll I noticed the tell tale glint of a silver rim. So I carefully wiggled the dimes out of the plastic wrapper and was pleasantly suprised to not see a Roosevelt. Instead I saw this.

They're-Still-Out-There

They're-Still-Out-There

Now I find roughly 1-2 silver dimes per box, and I have found 3 or 4 merc's, but never a Barber. This is by far the oldest dime I have found so far. So keep looking! They are still out there!
Pillar of the Community
BLadd's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
557 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BLadd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very sweet find. Congrats!
Valued Member
DobermanOwner's Avatar
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DobermanOwner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the great find!
Valued Member
staats25's Avatar
50 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add staats25 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how many rolls is a box?
Valued Member
fromms2244's Avatar
United States
461 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fromms2244 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! love the plastic wraps! Makes looking through the coins at work so much easier!!
Valued Member
StashTreasure's Avatar
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add StashTreasure to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First gold now this 2013 has to be on good yr.
New Member
coincollector1628's Avatar
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector1628 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Staats25, I usually search 2 boxes at a time, each containing 50 rolls of dimes, or $250. Sometimes I switch it up and search one box of quarters, which is $500.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yvairguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you finding any silver quarters? I searched a box of dimes and found a 1962 d today, first time for dimes, but I also found several off center strikes that I wouldn't have found had I not pulled them from the clear rolls. I did search a box of quarters a couple weeks ago and found no silver and nothing interesting.
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awesome find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add santafeboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find I've only found 2 Barber dimes both in clear wraps
New Member
coincollector1628's Avatar
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector1628 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yvairguy, I have pulled 26 silver quarters from rolls in the past 18 months. Dates range from 1936 to 1964. Lots of 1964's. I should mention that I am in a bit of a bubble though. I am stationed overseas, and much of the U.S. currency here has been here since the forties and fifties. It is very expensive to ship coins here from the states, so a lot of the coinage here has been here since it was minted. Sometimes I get sealed bank boxes from banks in the States. This Barber dime was from a stateside bank, so someone is out there putting this stuff back into circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Gothic Florin's Avatar
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! I'm seriously jealous.
Valued Member
staats25's Avatar
50 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2013  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add staats25 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yet to find anything but wheat pennies...
Pillar of the Community
Gothic Florin's Avatar
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2013  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@staats25 - volume, volume, volume....
Valued Member
yogurt's Avatar
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2013  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yogurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow congrats.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 2,261Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Forums