Hi Guys! I found this coins on an auction site and I'm curious if it's genuine. This guy have some fake coins out without informing about it (don't know if his aware of it, but I've notified him). That's why I'm suspicious about this coin.
(NOTE: it's upside-down!)
Please take a look and let me know what you think about its genuineness and price.
I have a similar if not identical coin in a drawer somewhere. Mine is a fake made out of an antimony, tin and zinc alloy (in other words lead free pewter). 20 years ago coins like these were made for French and Indian War & Revolutionary War living history re-enactments. Although one cannot know for certain if the coin is pewter copy from a photograph, my instinct tells me to steer well away from this coin.
I found in funny too somehow. Might be that I ceompared it with other photos of similar coins, and noone looked like this, the lustre and everything feels wrong. It should be silver, but it doesn't look likes it is..?
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use