Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Anvs PF Avg

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,041Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  4:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I think this is Gratian but can't find the mint mark in wildwinds, could it be anyone else?

Anvs-PF-Avg

Anvs-PF-Avg
Pillar of the Community
United States
3495 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I can read Valentinian

Mint mark SISC ie Siscia
Edited by FVRIVS RVFVS
01/19/2014 5:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, been looking at that for ages. I have a bucketful of these things, they are driving me to distraction.
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a bucketful of these things


That's a nice problem to have
swcoin.ecrater.com
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can almost read the legend. I agree Valentinian.
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's a nice problem to have


But they all look the same
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good practice! Its hundreds of coins in poorer condition than this that got me to where I am.

Yep...Valentinian, Siscia mint, (dot)ASISG (might be something else at the end, id have to check the RIC lists).
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not going to get any sympathy from you Ben!
Pillar of the Community
VisigothKing's Avatar
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be more than happy to take that bucket ofcoins off your hands!
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2014  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am making a major cull, anything without a decent legend I am going to donate to the school project. I much prefer the earlier Romans, and since I have discovered the Greeks, anything with a pearled diadem leaves me cold. I know, I have no soul :)

So some batches may become available in the not so distant future. Watch this space!
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2014  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good idea pish, I have a "donation" bag also....i have some that aren't even fit for donation (i don't know that I could prove some of them were coins).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
579 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2014  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Whizb4ng to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am just commenting to say I chuckle every time I read the title of this thread. I really need to grow up. Maybe someday...
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2014  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow I never gave it a thought!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,041Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Forums