Forgive me for saying this but this is very very common. I call these tossers for they are worthless and are not interesting. The corners of the Memorial building are the most common areas for die cracks and happen very often. But if you like the error then I guess that's all that matters.
They are interesting to new collectors. But as they start to accumulate, they realize that as well. I save extreme ones in a tube in case I need to take an image. The rest go back into circulation.
I found them very useful to identify capped-die-strike progressions when the die crack(s)/die scratches et al are on the reverse. At one time I had over 300 LMC errors of this type and had 4 progression sets (the 1970 series had 7 coins and was featured in Arnie Margolis' Error Trends Coin Magazine back in the very early nineties). I still have a late counter-brockage set of 3 coins with the same reverse identifiers.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use