Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1988 $2 Silver Proof

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 4,810Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
janknez's Avatar
United States
595 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2007  9:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add janknez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
At my coin club auction last night I picked up a $2 silver proof from 1988 for US$13.50. I thought it was a bargain. Was I right?

Doesn't matter -- it's a beautiful coin, and I'm glad to have it. I like the box it's in too.

Jan
Formerly nancyc
Nevol's Avatar
Australia
5385 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2007  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a good buy to me. Current catalogue value for an Alum/Bronze/silver is AU$8.00, so a silver one would be considerably more. Well done!
Valued Member
Australia
432 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2007  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zaggy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a bargain if its in your price range and you like what you've bought. :)
Pillar of the Community
janknez's Avatar
United States
595 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2007  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add janknez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Nancy, Zaggy. It usre is a nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
Snooba's Avatar
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2007  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this must be the two-dollar coin from the Masterpieces in Silver set?
I think it was a great price! And it is a really lovely coin too. Well done janknez!

Pillar of the Community
janknez's Avatar
United States
595 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2007  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add janknez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think so, Snooba. Comes in its own faux-velvet case. I love the plastic holder -- it's threaded so that it screws on, rather than just slide on like Air-Tites. Clever, these Australians.

I really don't even care if it was a bargain -- I love the coin.

Jan
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 4,810Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums