I would like your opinions on this 1965 quarter I have here. According to the coin collectors book the 1965 quarter is doubled and most noticeable on the "BER" in LIBERTY and as well in the "IN GOD WE TRUST" in its entirety. But would like to point out on eagle side of the coin if the eagle seems to look a little odd to me. I.e. The tail looks larger. Then after the last "A" in AMERICA there appears to be a part of another wing. The eagles legs look fatter and taller. There's a 3rd set of feathers beneath the other ones closer to the body. His neck as well looks fatter. To me it looks more like a condor to me. You can call me crazy but that's why I need your thoughts thanks
I've increased the picture size considerably, but the photos are still too blurry to see what you are referring too. If you can attempt better photos it would help.
Agreed that better pics are needed. Try lowering your ISO setting to reduce the noise in the photos.
What you are seeing is most likely Machine Doubling, before you get your hopes up. 1965 was the first year of striking on cupronickel clad planchets, which behave differently than silver. As a result, they did a lot of fine tuning before they figured out the correct pressure for striking quarters.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use