Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

What Would You Grade This?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,079Next Topic  
Valued Member
Norcal Jim's Avatar
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  7:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Norcal Jim to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
What would you grade this Buffalo nickel?

Image: What-Would-You-Grade-This? b43e_10.jpg
59.37 KB

Image: What-Would-You-Grade-This? b53d_10.jpg
74.4 KB

***Edited by Forum Dad to move to grading forum***
Pillar of the Community
okie-colin's Avatar
United States
1083 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okie-colin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-66? Beautiful! Hope it is yours?
No longer with us
United States
207 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms-67--Nice coin!
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS65 - I'd think but then again I'm not good at grading.

Very nice coin.
Edited by chill
01/14/2008 9:53 pm
Bedrock of the Community
BadThad's Avatar
United States
20045 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65+, very nice Buffalo!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Valued Member
Norcal Jim's Avatar
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2008  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Norcal Jim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you are right. It was graded MS65 by PCI and I am trying to cross it over to PCGS.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2008  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I hope you are right. It was graded MS65 by PCI and I am trying to cross it over to PCGS.



Oh, I so nailed that grade. I wouldn't mind having that coin graded by PCGS seeing as they are going for $365+. Let us know how it turns out.
Valued Member
Norcal Jim's Avatar
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2008  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Norcal Jim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well PCGS does not agree with you all. It did not crossover. Bah!
Pillar of the Community
Jaobler's Avatar
United States
6438 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2008  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Norcal,

I know the feeling of PCGS not crossing my coins. Sometimes you have more success if you crack out the coin and submit it raw. I had a 1912 Liberty nickel graded "MS64 PQ" by PCI which I cracked and submitted and PCGS did put it in an MS64 slab.

Your coin appears to deserve a high MS grade, but it does have a very flat strike. This is pretty common for S and D-mint Buffalos, but Philadelphia coins are usually sharper. TPGs generally downgrade for weak strikes, so maybe that is why yours didn't cross.
Pillar of the Community
j_h_s's Avatar
United States
1934 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2008  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add j_h_s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be interested to know what PCGS grades(ed) this...I'm going to predict 64
Pillar of the Community
atlashealth's Avatar
United States
1691 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2008  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atlashealth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I give it MS 61 at best..its better off in a PCGS holder even if the grade goes down...good luck!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,079Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums