Poll Question
Unfortunately these photos are in different lighting and of different resolution, but of what you can see... help me pick one of these. They are all 1966 save one 1967 (much lower mintage,) but I am concerned only with obtaining the very best example (eye appeal) that I can.
Hmm... I do not like how the second one looks. I am seeing some marks to the right of the person, but the pictures are so bright that something may be hidden because of it. As for the other three: I like the third one the best, mostly because it has the best pictures. I mean, the other two may turn out to be even more gorgeous in hand, but I can only judge these based on the pictures provided.
Well, I ended up ordering a 1969 mint set for less than others were asking for xf coins and will probably bust the coin out of it. Seller's pics were poor, but he claims no issues with the coin.
This is one of my favourite European coin designs of the 1950s and 1960s. These coins should be fairly easy to find in EF and MS condition as they hardly ever circulated - even in the late 1960s, when silver 5-franc pieces circulated in tandem with 5-franc notes in France, I never saw a 500L coin during three long summer vacations in Italy!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use