I went coin roll hunting yesterday and found a whole roll of 1968 nickels in this condition. I also found a whole role of uncirculated 1967 coins. Attached are the images of the 1968 nickel. The front seems to have some wear, and the back portrait seems to still have it's frosting/luster. What would this be graded as, and is it worth selling?
P.S. The lighting is a bit harsh, so all the minor scratches and such are shown in full. I suppose that's what you need to grade this, but I've never photographed coins before (I'm more into other types of photography). In person, this coin looks much prettier.
It's hard to offer a grade from these photos, but unless it's MS66 or better (or a high-grade error [bug tail, rotated die, double date] or UHC), it's really not worth selling. MS-65's are going for $20 on ebay (and are likely TPG graded).
In the future, take your photos straight-on (not on an angle), and try to minimize glare using a softer light. I know, it's tough taking good photos of coins!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use