| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,000 |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts |
Ok this coin caught my eye as I'm sorting through. I'd appreciate your thoughts. I see no mention of this on coppercoins. Thanks JB   
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
34563 Posts |
@jb, it sure looks like the top half of the letter E in WE has been compressed downward. That doesn't look like a mint error to me.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
104 Posts |
@Spence. Thanks. I'm going to soak in overnight but curious because both the W and the E appear fine other than alignment. If it were PMD I would expect the E to be shorter. No?
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
That is part of the die design, they all look like that that year. John1 
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
18456 Posts |
All the letters of IGWT are correct except for the W , it looks like it's the only letter touching the bottom of the rim ; So this is the only anomaly that I see . 
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
104 Posts |
Well I didn't even think of that. I pulled out a few 45s just to prove you wrong and sure enough, you're right. Some more then others but all not really in alignment. Someone was asleep at the wheel. I'm surprised I never noticed this.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4618 Posts |
Here's an image I took from PCGS Coinfacts showing the "Low E" design for 1945. This can be seen on many different years of the Wheat cent. 
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637 Clean a coin that may be worth collecting? Please DON'T! When in doubt, leave it dirty!! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts |
I never noticed that on mine either. Well, I guess we learn something new every day.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Well if it is on the master hub, then it will be on all of the coins created with these dies. It is part of the design.
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
18456 Posts |
It Was Nutin .
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
104 Posts |
@coop compared to mine that E is just a swinger. I see what your saying and I've looked at a bunch, I still think mine is low. OR, as @T-Bop pointed out, perhaps because the W also appears a bit hi, the balance is more stark to my eyes. Thank you though. Another coin researched a bunch, which I love!!
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,000 |
|