Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Can I Get Some Opinions From Ya'll? | Large Cent | Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,071Next Topic  
Valued Member
justin8341's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2009  03:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add justin8341 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I just inherited a collection and I was wondering what a couple of these would grade. Also, why the 1900-O Morgan is so much sharper and almost a bright white. Thanks everyone!
Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan

Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan
Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan Can-I-Get-Some-Opinions-From-Ya'll?-|-Large-Cent-|-Morgan

Edited by Staff to move from Modern Grading and clarify title
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2009  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The large cent looks F-15 to me, the Morgan dollar might just make F-15 and the Columbus Half dollar might make VF-20.
Pillar of the Community
atlashealth's Avatar
United States
1691 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2009  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atlashealth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ditto
Edited by atlashealth
02/21/2009 12:01 pm
Valued Member
justin8341's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2009  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justin8341 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I thought they were a lil better, but obviously ya'll know more than me about it. Well, I got alot more coins. Should I list what I have, then ya'll can tell me what to take pictures of? Maybe just the ones in the best condition.
Pillar of the Community
CoinHunter53562's Avatar
United States
2049 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2009  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say go higher on the Morgan since "O" minted Morgans were known to have many weak strikes. I'm not sure if 1900-O applies, but I will go with VF-20 or better. The other two grades I would agree with echizento.
Rest in Peace
coinguybrian's Avatar
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2009  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 on the large cent, VF-20+ on the morgan, no idea on the half.
Valued Member
justin8341's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2009  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justin8341 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would it be obvious to the naked eye if the Morgan was a O/CC?
Valued Member
david29's Avatar
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2009  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add david29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F 15 for all three in my opinion
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,071Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums