I won't have the photo up for you till a bit later, but it starts out as an early 80's (copper) that is brass plated. Then, has a doubled chin and nose(nice), and an extra ear - lobe. And finishes with alot of extra hair. There is no doubling on any text or date. any preliminary words on this? and I know and I will get it up tonight, with a few others too!
With out a picture one can only form an opinion. I know of no doubled die cents where the outer perimeter of the profile is doubled. I have seen hundreds with simple machine Machine Doubling. Machine Doubling will also affect the ear and hair.
Without a picture, we can't tell anything about this particular coin.
There are , however, Lincoln Cent Doubled dies that I have here from the 1980s that have a doubled bust and because of the direction of the doubling, the top of Lincoln's hairline and parts of Lincoln's beard are also doubled. So while the entire perimeter of Lincoln is not doubled, a good portion of it is.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use