Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Pls. Help Me Grade This1880 Alfonso 50c Spain-Phil.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,742Next Topic  
Valued Member
Pandesalapi's Avatar
Philippines
386 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2010  11:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pandesalapi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I need your opinion grading with this recently acquired harshly cleaned coin. I don't know if I am correct in thinking that it will fetch VF grade though I would admit I really had a hard time finding this grade for several years, and I am happy having it.
Pls.-Help-Me-Grade-This1880-Alfonso-50c-Spain-Phil.
Pls.-Help-Me-Grade-This1880-Alfonso-50c-Spain-Phil.
Pillar of the Community
Archraz's Avatar
United States
3499 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2010  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Archraz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pandesalapi- That is actually a very nice coin. I would say that it has AU details, but the harsh cleaning, scratches, and rim dings probably will take it down to around a net VF-30 grade or so.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2010  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree detail wise it would grade at AU-55, but because of the cleaning the grade would drop a bit. I'd give it a grade of EF-45 cleaned with some rim damage.
Rest in Peace
pls's Avatar
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2010  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for asking for my help! VF-35 or so.
Valued Member
Pandesalapi's Avatar
Philippines
386 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2010  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pandesalapi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Yes I agree the harshly done cleaning made the coin lessen its appearance and definitely its value as well. Though happy with it, I am still looking for more 1880 date with this VF grade or even higher and hope to find one again in the near future
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,742Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums