So I've aquired 5 GUNC sequential 1986 AUJ prefix Canadian bird series $2 notes. Should these be TPC'd? They are signed Crow-Bouey. Charelton lists as BC-55a Unknown quantity printed.
Second question, I have a number of '73 $1 with 3 letter prefix beginning with B that on the right serial the B is 1-1.5mm higher on the note than the other letters. Is this considered a printing error?
This one seems to have an ink smear. This is not (or at least I can't see any evidence of it being) a teller's stamp.
You could get the AUJ notes graded, if you wanted too. There not very special, but they have a book value of $85 in G.Unc. With the paper money market, the way it is right now, I don't think you would be able to get close to that (I would think more in the $55-$60 range, if you're lucky). Also remember that each note costs $15 to get graded + shipping/insurance.
I think that people were/are trying to find the changeover ranges for those notes, so they left the quantity printed as unknown. They probably printed nearly a full run of 10,000,000.
Notes with a slight change in the position of the prefix are quite common, and would need to be more than a couple millimetres to demand a premium.
Thanks Canadian. I think there might be a little more value to the sequence as well. I didn't pay all that much for them so I definately have some wiggle room.
The notes in sequence, might add a little bit of a premium, if you find the right buyer (Maybe an extra $5-$10). But I know most collectors won't pay any extra for notes in sequence, they are fairly easy to come buy.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use