Upon my recent noodling I've come across some damaged coins, 2 I think are PMD and 1 possible a die crack? I would like any feedback if possible as this is a new hobby and I'm picking it up as I go.
1972 - possible die crack?
1981 - Strange twisted but flat damage along rim?
1999 - I'm thinking pliers may have caused this.
Any advice whether I should keep these or throw them back would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks for the info, where can I find out more about lamination flaws? I will keep hold of it as it the first I've come accross, I'm not after any PMD coins so will send the others on their way.
Is there any thread to determine the value (if any) of lamination errors as I will start to keep an eye out for these aswell.
I've seen some pretty spectacular ones, but most of mine are pretty much run of the mill.
I guess value of one of these would depend on how much someone would be willing to pay. The few I bought were between $3 - $8 each, but my best one was a gift from a forum member in 2011.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use