I bought the above coin today for $10.00 over spot. I can't find very much info on the coin. There are just a couple on ebay for BINs that are considerably more money than I paid. I am wondering about mintage and any general info I can get.
estedman- What you have here is extremely rare. It's not a huge audience but it's a passionate one that would pay a large premium for this coin. 10 bucks over spot was a killer deal.
There are no mintage numbers available for that coin for that year. My best estimate is the mintage is under 2000. It may be even less.
If you have any questions about the series let me know I'll be more than happy to help. There's a couple of good threads on this forum about the Somalia Elephant series also.
All I could find was the following info and it's for the 2011 50 shilling gold coin. 2012 may be different. If this info is correct I was wrong on my initial mintage number.
The mintage number I found is 10000 and all coins are proofs.
The coin came from the mint encapsulated. The coin has a plain edge, weights 1.24 grams, has a fineness of 99.9, and a diameter of 14mm.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use