|
This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!
To participate in the forum you must log in or register. | Author |
Replies: 7 / Views: 2,202 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7379 Posts |
Here's a few things I've noticed recently: When selling: I check the 30 day time frame when listing a BIN, and when I go to preview listing it has reverted to a 7 day time frame. So I have to go back and recheck the 30 days to make it stick. It happens all the time, so I know I'm not imagining it. IMO they tweaked the software to get more listing fees. When bidding: In the past when I was bidding on something and was lazy, I just kept hitting the bid button, and the next bid increment would pop up, and I'd confirm it, and I'd keep advancing my bid by one increment at a time. Now I notice that if you just hit the bid button, no amount appears, and ebay suggests an amount that is above the next increment....TRICKY. So if you don't know the next increment depending on the amount of the current bid, you might get confused. The worst thing I just noticed, is when you place a bid, and the bid window slides in for you to confirm your bid, it covers the time clock for the time remaining in the auction. That is a horrible idea, and I don't expect that software tweak to last long. It makes sniping much more difficult without having a separate window open, or having my watch timed perfectly. I guess they messed with sellers as much as possible, now it's the buyers turn. 
|
|
|
|
Valued Member
Greece
152 Posts |
very true, they insist and insist at 7days listings but we will not surrender! :) :)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts |
Quote: I check the 30 day time frame when listing a BIN, and when I go to preview listing it has reverted to a 7 day time frame. So I have to go back and recheck the 30 days to make it stick. It happens all the time, so I know I'm not imagining it. IMO they tweaked the software to get more listing fees. This happens to me every time I change the listing time frame, no matter if it's a change up or down. It just won't stick and I have to attempt to change it multiple times. It also reverts changes you make to the starting price - this has happened to me on numerous occasions where I have changed the starting price, scrolled down, verified the rest of the listing and started it.. and never noticed the price reverted back to what it was previously until after the auction had already started. Now I wait a few seconds after I change it and about half the time I have to do it again to make it stay where I want it. Also, if you make a change on the page (change the country of origin or even just which shipping policy to use), the page will refresh and take you back up to top. Repeatedly. For every change you make while trying to list one item. I think they recently made a bunch of changes to their listing page and it's driving me crazy. It's also making me waste my time having to triple-check every listing now to make sure nothing else reverted while I wasn't looking.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1950 Posts |
The price change reverting has been really annoying me lately as well as descriptions sometimes reverting to the previous coin I have listed... I think I was able to catch most everything but who knows...
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
7379 Posts |
Glad to see I'm not the only one with issues when editing listings.
I just noticed that on my old computer with Windows XP and Google Chrome, it doesn't block the time clock when placing a bid, so I can still bid the old fashioned way. But on my wife's computer and the one at work with Windows 7, bidding is really difficult not being able to see the "time left" in a timed auction. Still don't know what's up with that....I can't imagine that will last very long.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts |
Quote: The worst thing I just noticed, is when you place a bid, and the bid window slides in for you to confirm your bid, it covers the time clock for the time remaining in the auction. That is a horrible idea, and I don't expect that software tweak to last long. It makes sniping much more difficult without having a separate window open, or having my watch timed perfectly. This is incredibly annoying... I guess ebay thinks it will result in higher final prices for auctions somehow.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
7379 Posts |
Quote:I guess ebay thinks it will result in higher final prices for auctions somehow. You got that right. My first instinct was to panic a bit and put in a higher bid with no time clock.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
16697 Posts |
Nonsense 
swcoin.ecrater.com
|
| |
Replies: 7 / Views: 2,202 |
|
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

- 1966 Nickel Die Adjustment Strike?
- 2026 Emerging Liberty Dime Spider Veins?
- Error Opinions, 1971-D DDO, 1955-D/S, 1996-P Quarter
- Guess The Price - Season 96 - Round 3
- 20 Questions! (Forum Game) 11/04/24
- Will Our Coins Ever Be Valuable?
- Quarter Roll Searching
- Going Fishing - Checking In On Occassion
- Post Your Coins With Coats Of Arms, Shields, Crests, Crowns, Etc.
- Definitive Test For Black Beauty Nickels
- My Last Purchase: A Bronze Greek Coin Representing The Poetess Sappho
- How Many Countries Do You Have Coins From?
- How Far Back Can We Go? Ninth Edition!
- Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money
- 1885-Zs Mexico - 25 Centavos W/Arcing Die Crack, Tilted & Re-Punched Reverse Die
- 1934 Peace Dollar NGC MS-67+ At Auction
- G L B 49's MS-70 Perfect Silver Coins
- ID Help - Roman Provincial Coin
- 1894 Fifty Cents - Grade This Coin. It May Or May Not Be TPG.
- 1847 Undecimo Edge Great Britain Gothic Crown, Gothic Type, NGC PF61
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
|
| Coin Community Forum |
© 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums |
| It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. |
 |
|
| |
| |