Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Cents Copper Vs. Plated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,061Next Topic  
Valued Member
blue2354's Avatar
United States
86 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  12:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add blue2354 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I'm stuck working the midnight shift and tonight is my day off so I was going through my change containers. As I go through the cents, of course I look for the errors and varieties, but I also separate the pre-1982 cents. Tonight after going through 523 cents, I found that 123 of them were copper compared with 400 copper plated. Just thought I would throw this tidbit out there.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20753 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Varies by location. If there are a lot of metal recyclers in the area you'll note a massive decline in the amount of copper cents.
New Member
dgoldy88's Avatar
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2008  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dgoldy88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I average about 12 pre-1982 cents per roll, just about the same percentage that you found. I live in PA.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,061Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.15 seconds to rattle this change. Forums