I agree with most everyone here. If you are unhappy that your Bank is charging you to order coin then switch Banks.
I have an agreement with one of my Banks. I take their customer wrapped coin off their hands and they order bank boxes or bags of Ikes for me. The Bank normally has to pay the Armored Service to pick up their coin. I save them the cost by taking it. I just take it to my Credit Union and deposit it in the coin machine. I don't even look at the Cents and I just edge search the Quarters and Dimes. I go through the Nickels with more detail. It's a great deal for both of us.
OP, that sucks. I haven't had any issues with my two banks I order from. Over 2 years now, and I haven't been charged for a box of coins yet. I made it clear when I signed up at both banks I was going to want boxes and both said as long as I keep accounts at both, I will be good. But ironically, when I tried to order coins at my wife's credit union, they said no one can order coins, nit even members.
Banks on average make around 1/3 of their profit from fees they charge their customers. JP Morgan did $35 Billion in fees alone, from a report in 2012:
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013! ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1981, ANS, Early American Coppers Member (EAC), Colonial Coin Collectors Club member (C4), Conder Token Collector Club member (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS) member, Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC) & Numismatic Bibliomania Society member (NBS), USMex, Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use