Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1896 Shilling Edge Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,280Next Topic  
New Member

Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  9:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fudd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I came across this shilling and I think it is a beautiful coin. I looked up some pictures of others like it but none have the four tags on the edge like this one what could cause this? Or is it possibly a fake?

1896-Shilling-Edge-Questions

1896-Shilling-Edge-Questions

1896-Shilling-Edge-Questions
Valued Member
Matt2727's Avatar
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matt2727 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cuds on the rim maybe? I've never heard of that happening before but maybe it's a possibility.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9904 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Solder.
Was once mounted as jewelry.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
New Member
Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fudd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Solder


Thanks for the help, as soon as I saw solder I remembered seeing an empty coin holder pendant for a necklace in the collection when I acquired it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,280Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums