I'm conflicted on this one. I see (or I think I see) doubling on the primary and secondary feathers. The right talon looks okay to me, but the lighting on the left leg seems to be hiding possible doubling there. Stems of the plant are similarly affected, but I'm not positive there. Tail feathers look good to me.
Causes of concern for me are the apparent lack of doubling on the left feathers. E PLURIBUS UNUM also looks totally wrong to me. Unless this is a Stage C die state coin, I'd expect to see the signature doubling there. I was so confused about this one, I went to check if there was an 002 DDR variety for this year, and both other reverse doubled dies show doubling on lettering, not the eagle.
Can anyone toss a grade out there, regardless of whether it is the DDR? I think I see wear on the breast feathers, but that could be the lighting.
The lighting isn't so great on that eagle, but I don't think it's the big DDR. When I found mine, I looked for doubling on the long feather tips--this picture shows the major doubling.
Well for starters...it's not a great picture--it's dark and pixellated. I think this seller sticks all their coins on a scanner and so you get weird lighting. When in doubt, look at E Pluribus Unum--I don't see any of the markers that should be on the DDR. That's just my opinion--buy it if you think it's the one.
Sorry, It is not a DDR. Some of the 46 walkers look like there is doubling on the middle tail feathers but it is slight and all the other markers for your coin are missing. The lower tail feathers will show a partial 5th tail feather and also you will see a double line on the eagle's left foot between the talon and the body. These are just two PUP's out of many.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use