| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,007 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts |
1982 Lincoln Cent. I know basically nothing about Lincoln Pennies. I received it in change. Thought it pretty. The toning is really awesome in hand. That's what made me notice it, and I don't even like toning. I believe this is a large date? Pics are extremely high resolution and I take horrible photos so that's really not a great combo to show off how pretty it looks in hand. It is a great way to show every single minute flaw, make the surfaces look rough, and make sure the details are blurry ;-) Please let me know what you think?    Edited by yellow88 12/09/2018 09:14 am
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
21910 Posts |
By using the search forum on the sidebar, there are numerous other posts on the same subject. Here is one by scrolling down a bit that has photos from coop that shows you how to identify the differences. http://goccf.com/t/276247The coin itself appears to have plating bubbles giving it the rough appearance.
Edited by JimmyD 12/09/2018 09:03 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
5825 Posts |
Looks like a lot of lamination bubbles on the obverse.
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
18456 Posts |
AU-55 , your photography is excellent , not horrible . 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
581 Posts |
Thanks T-BOP especially for the photo compliment. That put a smile on my face this morning. I needed that. I certainly appreciate you taking your time and sharing your grading expertise T-BOP. As I eluded to in my OP about lack of skill the surfaces are perfectly smooth but no matter how hard I tried they look bumpy in pics. Thankfully I was able to capture the toning fairly well. I was curious if Lincoln Cent collectors (you all) like their cents toned or bright red/brown etc?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9867 Posts |
AU55 good pics and I prefer non toned.
Edited by mcshilling 12/09/2018 09:39 am
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20049 Posts |
AU-53
If you like it, keep it!
Lincoln Cent Lover!VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR https://verdi.care/
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts |
AU-55 with lots of plating bubbles.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
Large date, keep it if you like, but it will never be worth more than one cent.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37193 Posts |
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,007 |
|