Hello as title says I have a 100 from the 1990 looks really old but it has no security strip or watermark? Is it real I read somewhere security strips were added after 1990 and water mark 1996. But in these forums I saw someone say the security strip was added on 1993 ? Please help me ..
Is it a Franklin? No it is not fake. Also, a coffee filter can pass the pen test. The pen tests for starch, so sometimes older bills won't register as real.
So not a bill guy, but the pens are pretty easy to fake, but even if it was fairly worn, you should be able to feel texture to them, I run my nail across the prez's collar, but like I said I don't collect bills.
Quote: So if a 100 bill says 1990 series and has no security strip but passed pen test it's fake?
Pen test is old news. Counterfeiters sell chemicals to wipe all ink off a $1 bill then, you can print whatever you want on them.
6 different spammers in the last week tried to post 6 different websites that you can buy counterfeit money from any country and all the supplies you need except for plates.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use