I happen to have one. This is the only bill I have that was "REDEEMABLE IN GOLD" when it was issued. If I remember this one correctly, I bought it with 2 other bills on ebay a few years ago. The face value of all three bills was $35 and my winning bid was $35.50. The $10 and the $5 were common older series currency and filled with pin holes so I returned them to circulation, but had to go to the bank to do so! The stores didn't want to take them as they thought they possible counterfeits. I didn't think the bank was going to take them at first, but the manager confirmed that they were real. I later saw them in a frame in his office.
Click on the picture for a larger image
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637 Clean a coin that may be worth collecting? Please DON'T! When in doubt, leave it dirty!!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use