I honestly don't know. Honestly it does share a lot in common with 101. I know you guys aren't seeing that. Partly because I did quickie pics, and second if it were it would be a low quality example with weak features. But if this mintmark placement wasn't seeming a little off, I'd bet a dollar on it. But it could be 13 or 14 I suppose. But that dang die scratch through the date is a spot on match! ( I know you guys probably can't see that from pics ). So I don't know what to think.Coop says it's a completely normal cent. Maybe I'm just blind.
What I'm seeing is glare where you think something is going on. I feel this is probably Machine Doubling, because the devices are normal in size. So I'm going to try the inverting color issue to see if the glare is hiding Machine Doubling? Just normal devices with a bit of contact marks. Note how much more the DDO is showing spread enlarging the devices.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use