You realize there are only three of the big DDO right? We all agree that yours is not the big DDO: Your coin is showing extreme die wear on the areas near the rim direction. On this DDO, there were only a few examples struck, thus the die was retired very early. The devices were still fresh on the retired die. It was not used again because of the hub doubling.
From what I see in the coin I would have to say I believe it to be WDDO-001 But only because I expanded the images to better see the notching ect let's take (S)T it's obvious I can see something other can't because it is a duplicate of images from the references available. Looking at (IN) there is damage to the I but a closer look shown notching at the bottom while the N is definitely showing extra thickness towards the left side and I could go on but this is what I can see
@Spencerj.... As w/ your 1915 coin, if you really feel as though you have something special, feel free to take it into your local coin dealer/shop & get their opinion.
It's not really a collectible example for any type. But for learning purposes, I believe the widening on the motto is from damage and the date and liberty exhibit slight Machine Doubling. Just my 2¢.
I'm not seeing a DDO, just a well-worm '58 with lots of miles on it--digs, hits, circulation flattening. Might be some Die Deterioration working its magic as well.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use